Senate and Governor Pre-Election Polling Results
As of 7pm November 6, 2018
Total count (n) = 4,500 registered voters. Average age = 26
Senate and Governor Election Exit Polling Results
Updated on November 7
Total count (n) = 2,800 registered voters. Average age = 26
Midterm Elections 2018 = Mei Polling Pilot
Mei has launched a new polling platform and our first poll is on the 2018 U.S. midterm elections. We sent 10,000 short midterm election polls to our users for Senate and Governor races across the U.S. These polls provide almost instantaneous feedback from voters, with many responding within 10 minutes and the vast majority within 30 minutes.
This poll was conducted purely as a demonstration and pilot for the platform we’re building. In the future, Mei users who opt-in to polling will be able to conduct their own polls.
By piloting on these elections, we hope to show that polling via Mei can be an effective complement to more traditional polling methods.
Our midterm election results largely represent opinions of young voters, a group generally underrepresented in traditional polls. More information on our findings and how we conducted the midterm polls can be found on our blog here.
Polling Through Mei
There is now a new way of polling via our AI-driven messaging app. We will be allowing our users (pollers) access to the intelligence of other Mei users who “opt-in” to polling, via very targeted in-app polls. Users are able to earn credits, which will later be converted to tokens. Rather than targeting users for advertising, we can allow users to harness the value of their data for themselves.
Pollers (Users Asking Questions):
- Efficient – High response rates (~50%) and ability to reach tens of thousands instantly
- Easy to use – Polls created from within Mei using credits
- Super Duper-targeted – Pre-select participants via algorithms and machine-learned predictions, eliminating need for screening questions
- Quick – Most answers completed in less than 30 minutes
- Longitudinal – Ability to maintain communication channel between pollers and respondents
- Integrity – Algorithms can detect and flag questionable responses, verifying data integrity
Respondents (Users Answering Questions):
- Incentivized – Users earn additional credits to use in Mei
- Optional – Not intrusive and completely up to the user to turn on/off (off by default)
- Anonymous – No one, including us, knows the identity of the respondent
- No Spamming – Our analytical platform understands users, so only relevant polls are shown