OUR PHILOSOPHY ON USER DATA & PRIVACY
Mei was designed to give personalized intelligence to our users. To do this effectively, we sometimes need personalized data from our users, which raises questions about privacy and how we use this data. We want to assure users that privacy and comfort with how we use data are important to us. That’s why we thought it worthwhile to lay out some simple facts about our products.
While the products and services we offer will evolve, we want users to always be the primary beneficiaries of data-sharing. Our products always try to add value without needing users to share personal information, but when they do, here are our guiding principles:
(1) Choice and transparency all the time. For any feature where we may be collecting your data, we give you the option to freely turn the feature on/off and default to keeping it off. If you choose to opt in to any feature, we try our best to explain to you what it means.
(2) We do not know who you are. You will notice that when you engage with our AI assistant, we do not ask you for personally identifiable information. This is because your identity is not needed to provide you a service.
(3) Your trust is not for sale. We have not sold and have no plans to sell your data. We think selling data violates users’ trust in us. No user data has been sent to advertisers.
(4) We do not hold your data hostage. On our Android app, which is our only product that prevents you from using another app (only one SMS app can be the default one), we do our best to make your messages available to you. If you choose another texting app, any messages exchanged through Mei (SMS or data messages) will be copied onto your local SMS/MMS database, so the app you choose will have access to the messages. Before switching, you can delete all your data from our system directly within the app.
(5) Getting rewarded for your data, opinions and knowledge you share. We created a credit system to allow you to benefit from your data. When you share data and information with us on our apps, we give you credits. When you request intelligence, you spend credits. This creates an ecosystem for data.
(6) Your data will be working for you. We’ll be continually developing our AI features and ways to share intelligence. As we develop, the data we gathered from you will be used to create (hopefully) more valuable services. We don’t know what the ultimate value is, but the credit system is our way of tracking who’s data contributed to the ecosystem and offers a way to return that value in time. This means the value of the data you share grows with us and works for you.
With Mei, we give you choice over whether to share and you benefit from doing so.
Any questions on your privacy and security? Please reach out to: email@example.com